|Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night character|
- Original host for the magi-crystal curse that summons demons to the planet. Gebel was the only one to survive its effects at such a high level. He destroyed the guild that created him, but in doing so realized he was no longer human and had no place on Earth. This in turn, lead him to summon the demon castle from hell to appear on the planet.
- It is said that his real purpose in summoning the castle was to give Miriam a place of her own, but as his Magi-crystal disease progressed, he soon forgot his own reasoning. The more he surrounded himself with hell-spawn, the quicker the magi-crystals engulfed his body. He continues to plot the downfall of man, and how to best convince (or use) Miriam to achieve his dark ambition.
IGA asked the designers to make the coloring for Gebel feature red, and explained that his vision of Gebel was that his body was almost completely overtaken by the magi-crystals. At first his design had more clothing, but this was changed as IGA thought Gebel would be open about showing people his crystal skin. The mask was added because IGA imagined that Gebel’s face was the very last thing to be engulfed by the magi-crystals, and it helped evoke the sense that he was too late to stop it.
Gebel is a notable surname that originated in Belgium and is derived from the German word, "gabel." The word itself translates to "fork" and those who lived near a fork in a road or river often carry it as a given name.
- See: Gebel/Gallery
- What took you so long? Now that you tasted the power of the shards, I presume you're ready to join me.
- Ha, please. You think I wield this power unwillingly?
- It's better this way. The world can be rid of me. But this castle. We cannot allow it to...
- I'm glad I got to see you smile... one last...
- Gebel's ability to take the form of a bat in Curse of the Moon is a callback to Alucard's ability to do the same in Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse.
- In RotN's Good Ending, Gebel expressed his gratitude toward seeing Miriam smile one more time before he succumbed to the Crystal Curse. This is a callback to the ending of Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia where Albus requested Shanoa to smile for him before he had departed. Unlike OoE, though, the circumstances in RotN's storyline continues to become dire since Gebel's death.
- ↑ Development Update #55
- ↑ Bloodstained: Voicing The Game - Part 3
- ↑ http://www.famitsu.com/news/201505/12078442.html
- ↑ Bloodstained – Developer Interview with Koji Igarashi, originally featured in game*spark